TERMS, CONDITIONS & OPTIONS OF YOUR MAINTENANCE PLAN
Conditions Of CenterPoint Energy's Home Service Plus® (HSP)
- This Maintenance Plan contract applies to one single family residence per agreement and covers specific maintenance services. This is not a repair contract.
- The Maintenance Plan is designed to deliver important seasonal maintenance in two visits per year.
a. The cooling season visit will include: central air conditioner tune-up; dryer vent cleaning (up to length of 24 feet); bath fan cleaning (up to two bath fans included).
b. The heating season visit will include: furnace or boiler tune-up; refrigerator coil cleaning; water heater tune-up.
- Appliances and equipment, including such items as dryer venting, must meet code requirements and be in operating condition at the time program service begins. CenterPoint Energy must have safe access to, and safe working conditions at and around the appliances and equipment.
- Home Service Plus® and CenterPoint Energy are not responsible for any form of damages, including direct, indirect, consequential, incidental, punitive or other forms of damages, claims, assessments or demands, resulting from: (1) delays in providing service, (2) unavailability of parts, (3) labor difficulties, strikes, etc., (4) natural disasters or other force majeure, or (5) any other conditions beyond the control of Home Service Plus® and CenterPoint Energy. Under no circumstances shall Home Service Plus® and CenterPoint Energy be liable for any attorneys' fees, costs of investigation, court costs or other assessments incurred in any legal action brought relating to this contract. Under no circumstances shall Home Service Plus® and CenterPoint Energy be liable for indirect consequential, incidental or similar damages, and any liability shall be limited to the amount of payments made by you to Home Service Plus® and CenterPoint Energy under this contract during the term in which the claim arose. Program service does not cover any material, parts and labor required as the result of abuse, vandalism, fire, freezing, acts of God, power or water supply outages, flooded cellars, or other abnormal conditions. Home Service Plus® will not be required to perform program services until any asbestos hazard is eliminated and Home Service Plus® determines, at its discretion, that no hazard exists.
- To assure continued protection, the contract will be automatically renewed at the end of 12 months at regular prices (non-promotional prices and terms then in effect) unless terminated by you or Home Service Plus®. Home Service Plus® or you may terminate this contract at that time by giving written notice to the other. You are purchasing the Maintenance Plan for one full year. For your convenience, if you move from the covered residence during the term of program service, your Maintenance Plan contract will be transferred to your new address, if it is within our service territory. When you transfer your account, your Maintenance Plan anniversary date will be adjusted, with the 12-month term beginning on your transfer date.
- If payments are missed or late, Home Service Plus® may demand immediate payment of the entire amount you owe or immediate payment of the retail value, of all service provided to you less any payments made by you to Home Service Plus®. If you request termination of your Maintenance Plan prior to your anniversary date, you will be responsible for the retail value of any maintenance services HSP has completed for you under terms of the contract, less any Maintenance Plan payments you have made during the contract year. The retail value of any maintenance services performed will be determined by HSP’s published, non-promotional retail price (parts and labor) for each service at the time payment is due.
- If repairs are identified during the course of your seasonal maintenance visits, at your option you may choose to have HSP complete the repairs. HSP Repair Plan customers will not be charged for covered repairs. For identified repairs not covered under the terms of the HSP Repair Plan, and for Maintenance Plan customers who do not also have the Repair Plan, repairs may be completed by HSP for an additional charge using HSP’s time and materials rates then in effect.
- You may schedule your seasonal maintenance visits on HSPtoday.com, or Home Service Plus® will contact you. Home Service Plus® will make up to three (3) attempts to contact you to schedule your seasonal maintenance visits.
Not Covered Under The Maintenance Plan
- Appliance repair is not covered under the Maintenance Plan.
- Plastic and vinyl dryer venting is not covered under the Maintenance Plan.
- Dryer venting assembled with sheet metal screws cannot accommodate our cleaning equipment and is not covered under the Maintenance Plan. If the venting is accessible, HSP will disassemble the venting, clean, and reassemble the dryer vent, sealing the joints with metal tape.
- Labor and materials for cleaning boiler water, draining expansion tanks, venting radiators, water supply problems is not covered under the Maintenance Plan.
- Labor or equipment rental cost of gaining access to or removal of any unit that requires special equipment or tools is not covered under the Maintenance Plan.
- Charges for service or parts you have others provide are not covered under the Maintenance Plan.
Maintenance Service Details.
The steps incorporated in each seasonal maintenance service are shown below:
Furnace Tune-up/Safety Check
- Check furnace or boiler for presence of carbon monoxide (CO) at the time the check is performed.
- Check combustion chamber / heat exchanger condition.
- Check burner flame for proper characteristics including gas and air adjustment; clean burner, if necessary, at no additional cost.
- Check and adjust gas input to manufacturer specification to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Check pilot / igniter operation, clean pilot, as necessary.
- Check flame sensor or pilot safety timing and replace thermocouple, if necessary, at no additional cost.
- Check internal drain line; replace, as necessary.
- Check motors, oil as needed (oil pump if boiler). Replace belts, if necessary, at no additional cost.
- Check condition of blower wheel and clean, as necessary.
- Check furnace filters and indicate proper replacement size.
- Check operational control sequence, including safety controls and thermostat.
- Check condition of vent pipe to chimney and draft intensity.
- Remove dust and scale from the burner compartment and other key parts as needed.
- Check furnace drain line and replace, as necessary.
- Restart furnace or boiler.
Water Heater Tune-up
- Check water heater for presence of carbon monoxide (CO) at the time the check is performed.
- Check pilot safety timing.
- Check main burner and adjust, if necessary.
- Check burner compartment and vacuum, if necessary.
- Check and clean pilot light.
- Check flue for scaling and clean, if necessary.
- Check appliance vent/draft condition.
Refrigerator Coil Cleaning
- Check appliance for proper operation.
- Brush clean and vacuum refrigerator coil.
- If refrigerator must be moved, technician will use skids to help protect flooring.
HSP’s Central Air Conditioner Tune-up
- Check voltage.
- Check belt condition.
- Wash condensing unit coils.
- Check furnace drain line and replace, as necessary.
- Check unit for optimal cooling performance.
- Check filter.
- Confirm proper air flow.
- Check thermostat operation and control sequence.
- Check oil blower.
- Check, adjust, and oil motor and bearings.
- Provide tips and information about operating your central air conditioner
Dryer Vent Cleaning
- Power brush clean dryer venting, starting from the exterior of the dwelling, up to 24 feet in length and dispose of lint cleared during this process.
- Clean dryer lint trap and dispose of lint cleared during this process.
- Clean area beneath dryer and dispose of lint cleared during this process.
Bath Fan Cleaning
- Maximum of two bath fans.
- Check unit(s) to verify proper operation.
- Remove fan(s), if possible, for power cleaning outside the home.
- Reinstall fan(s).
- If fan(s) is not removable, technician will clean the fan(s) while in place.